Graduate Category Buyer
£22,000 to £25,000 + Benefits
One of UK’s most successful privately-owned fresh food manufacturers has created an opportunity for a Graduate Category Buyer to join the team. The business has established themselves as one of the leading suppliers within the category they operate. Producing high quality products on private label basis the business has a strong presence across the grocery multiples retail and food service channels. The business remains highly profitable and they have recently invested their production facilities. Following growth of their UK business, they are now looking to appoint a Graduate Buyer to support the wider commercial team.
As a Graduate Category Buyer, your key responsibilities will include;
- Implement the company’s buying and selling policies. Research and recommend plans and programmes for procurement of produce and services taking into account supply lead times.
- Provide the business insight into category dynamics under which you are responsible. Understand and refine seasonal buying requirements to ensure consistent supply 365 days of the year.
- Identify problematic sourcing issues that will affect the business supply plan in advance of them arising, in other words, plan to avoid availability impacts.
- Liaise with the supply base with any commercial requirements as instructed by the head of department.
- Establish new sources of buying and countries of origin under the direction of the category manager or as directed.
- When required, to host suppliers in the UK. Travel to meet visitors as and when required, this may mean travel outside of the UK.
- Negotiate and agree best value buying prices. Manage the buying of a portfolio of products – this portfolio will change from time to time.
The successful candidate for this position will be a recent university graduate with ideally one years’ experience within a commercial focussed position within the FMCG sector. This experience could be gained either from working for a food manufacturer, retailer or an insight business such as IRI, Kantar or Nielsen. You must be numerate, have good communication, planning and organisational skills and operate with a high degree of attention to detail. It is important that you have an interest in food and want to progress in a forward-thinking business.
This is an office based position, head office in Birmingham
For more information regarding this role please contact Aidan Goodall on 01943 667 280 or firstname.lastname@example.org