Head of HR
Salary £60,000 + Benefits.
An exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading privately owned bakery suppliers as Head of HR is now available. Within the UK the business has achieved national distribution across the Retail, Wholesale and Foodservice channels. Business turnover currently stands at £80m and they employ 300 employees. The business has a glowing reputation across the industry and has been recognised by this through a number of industry and supplier awards. Following a recent management buyout, the business is seeking an experienced HR professional to join the team.
As Head of HR you will take direct overall responsibility for the day to day operations of the HR function including payroll. The role will play a key part in establishing HR practices, processes and imparting knowledge to people managers. The role will be accountable for delivering strategic and operational capabilities across the organisation which underpin the business strategy. Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer you will lead a team of 5 across HR & Payroll. In additional to the management of the internal team you will work with external resources such as legal advisors, pension providers & recruitment agencies.
· CIPD qualification or relevant and equivalent experience in HR
· Experience of working in a HR managerial role within a fast paced commercially orientated organisation who is enthusiastic about providing different strategic options that deliver practical solution
· Experience in managing others
· Well versed knowledge and experience in all aspects of HR
· Thorough employee relations experience with a good working knowledge of UK employment law, comfortable to undertake end to end case management
· Proven delivery of delivering and embedding change initiatives
· Good problem-solving skills
· Able to build positive relationships with leaders, managers, and colleagues
· Able to convey ideas and advice clearly, concisely, with conviction and in a persuasive manner often in the face of opposition when advice is challenged
· Able to understand the HR priorities arising from operational management issues, advising managers appropriately and persuasively on the action they should take, evaluating and assessing the impact and risks of such action.
· High standard of verbal and written communication skills/able to generate own correspondence and reports.
· Have adequate computer skills including MS Office (including excel), HRIS, Internet and email programs
· Possess commercial acumen and an understanding of ROI with sound GDPR knowledge
If you would like any further information on this position, please contact Aidan Goodall on 01943 667280 or apply directly on email@example.com